You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Introducing Noiseless, our newest photo app #1
Kevin La Rue's picture
by Kevin La Rue
April 16, 2015 - 4:52pm

Hi everyone,

This morning we released Noiseless, our new easy-to-use app for quickly removing digital noise from all kinds of photos. Whether you use a smartphone, snapshot camera or DSLR, if you are shooting in low-light, it’s a fair bet there will be noise present in the resulting photos.

One-click presets will work for a lot of people, and we’ve also included some powerful adjustment controls for fine-tuning: color and luminance noise reduction controls, structure from our Intensify app, filtering based on tonal range, etc. For RAW shooters using our standalone version, there are 4 more presets, new detail controls, a new RAW processing panel and tweaks to the noise reduction algorithms for better results.

You may already use some noise reduction software, but I hope you give Noiseless a try and make a comparison (speed, quality, ease of use, etc.) for yourself.  Get a free trial at www.macphun.com/noiseless.

Cheers, Kevin

Kevin La Rue, Skylum

Eric (SSP)'s picture
by Eric (SSP)
April 19, 2015 - 9:59pm

Kevin,

I’ve downloaded the trial version, and will play with it to compare its results to those from other software.  Meanwhile, are you allowed to talk about any potential plugin for Photos (once Apple opens the app to them)?  Noiseless Pro looks tempting for its Aperture plugin, but I’d rather not buy now and then subsequently have to pay for an upgrade to get a Photos plugin.

Thanks…

Eric Seale
Seldom Scene Photography
http://www.seldomscenephotography.com

Kevin La Rue's picture
by Kevin La Rue
April 20, 2015 - 5:17pm

Hi Eric,

Once the spec for Photos Extensions is released, we’ll know better about what apps in our suite are best suited to operate as Extensions. Our current thinking is to offer these as free updates (for existing products).  At the same time, If we have to break the apps into smaller chunks of functionality, that might be a tiger of a different stripe. 

Crossing fingers we’ll learn more coming out of WWDC in June - hopefully before! We’ll keep y’all posted and thanks for the question.

Kevin

Kevin La Rue, Skylum

Florian Cortese's picture
by Florian Cortese
April 21, 2015 - 3:50pm

Kevin, I ran several photos through the trial version of Noiseless and compared it side by side with NIK’s Dfine and it was no contest. I immediately bought NoiselessPro.  Any chance for some tutorials on its use?

Florian

Florian Cortese
www.fotosbyflorian.com

Kevin La Rue's picture
by Kevin La Rue
April 21, 2015 - 4:10pm

Hey - great to hear Dorian.  Here’s our current set of tutorials which includes a nice primer by Tim Grey. Planning on doing at least a couple more soon.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQlozenYb0jB7PKZa_0JPR-yKmD6F4dIe

Our Help guide is here: www.macphun.com/getstarted/noiseless

If you need addt’l info, let me know here and I can either answer it or consider additional videos.  I’m also thinking about doing a webinar soon.

Cheers, Kevin

Kevin La Rue, Skylum

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?