You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Importing Library Feature Has Never Worked #1
Stuart's picture
by Stuart
June 7, 2014 - 6:32pm

When I try to import a library from an exported library back to the main Aperture Library it has never worked. Each time it gets about 75% and Aperture just stops working. I must then use Force Quit. I have even tried this with a couple of images with the same results. In the number of years I have used Aperture I have never be able to get this feature to work. It just goes about 75% and Aperture just stops. I am using  MacBook Pro 15” Retina (June 2012) 16GB DDR Ram, 512 Flash Drive, with 1GB Video Ram. Aperture version 3.5.1 with OS X 10.9.3.

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
June 9, 2014 - 4:34pm

Stuart  I take it you have done permissions fix, Repair database, and rebuild.  Thats very important for a corrupt Lib, which I think you have.  When your bad lib is open select a smaller number of projects or folders and export them out of the lib.  take those smaller lib and do all of the repair and rebuilds on them and then  try importing into the lib you want them to go.  Its the old divide and concur routine that Im quite familiar with.  Making a smaller newer lib helps reorganize the lib into a format it knows.  Cheers

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Stuart's picture
by Stuart
June 9, 2014 - 4:51pm

Hi David,

Yes, I sure have done all you suggested. But have not done a repair via the export file. Will have to give that a try. Not sure if this is the case for me, but someone has found that the NVIDIA video cards which I have in my current MacBook Pro Retina has been causing issues https://plus.google.com/111650980103177046238/posts/RfdSQGSc85S with Aperture. 

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness