You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Import images and browser problems #1
Jim Davis's picture
by Jim Davis
June 18, 2012 - 10:14pm

using 3.24 (snow leopard) with Canon 5Dmk3. No “import checked images” box appears when camera w new images is connected; second, browser page only show a portion of images (maybe 15%) in a project folder..I can see them all in full screen mode, but not standard browser mode…help!!

Jim Davis's picture
by Jim Davis
June 18, 2012 - 11:21pm

Actually, the browser “desk top” seems to be expanded under the right hand “frame” and extends out of sight to the right which appears to hide images and import images message box (I presume). Result of some some of inadvertent keystroke. Ideas? Thx

Ronald Mark's picture
by Ronald Mark
June 19, 2012 - 12:55pm

This appears to happen when you are using 2 or more monitors. I resolved the problem by going to the apple menu at the top left of your monitor, where the date etc is shown, and clicking on the display menu. Reset the number of monitors to 0. This gets the import browser back to import photos and the browser now shows all photos.

Ronald Mark's picture
by Ronald Mark
June 19, 2012 - 12:57pm

It is display . Then number of recent items. Make it 0

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 19, 2012 - 3:56pm

I think this is what Ronald means by setting to 0, right Ronald? [screenshot]

Jim, from what you’re describing it sounds like the Aperture window is simply bigger than your display. Do you work on a laptop and sometimes connect to a desktop screen? You can always click the 3rd of the three buttons at the top left of the window to resize it to fit your screen [screenshot].

Let us know if this isn’t the problem, and if not then please take a screenshot for us to see. You can post it on flickr, or drop it here in the dropbox under the MORE menu above (just be sure to follow the instructions there to notify me that it’s up)

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Ronald Mark's picture
by Ronald Mark
June 20, 2012 - 2:36am

Re above
Yes I got in trouble when I resized one of my remote monitors.It extended the screen on my main monitor and I could not get the import browser or preview buttons, and the main browser The picture were displayed in one straight line I could not get the grid . Full screed was ok and viewer and film strip was good.
As soon as I tried the above solution every thing restored.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?