You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Images Offline? #1
Yoni mintz's picture
by Yoni mintz
October 24, 2010 - 10:25pm

So here is something interesting- Instead of the arrow with the red line through it for an offline ref image- i am getting a triangle with a yellow exclamation point. Any idea how to fix this? When I try and point the image to reconnect in the “locate ref masters” menu It will only reconnect one image at a time.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 25, 2010 - 12:11am

Yoni,

That’s the “missing referenced file” icon. I have a write-up on what all the different icons mean here: Badges. Or, “What Are All Those Funny Icons, Anyway?”.

It sounds like you’ve found out how to reconnect them, but what’s not working with the “reconnect all”… is the button not showing up, or is it only reconnecting one, or ?

Also, I have a chapter dedicated to reconnecting stubborn files in my eBook 15 Tips on File Management in Aperture 3: Tip #13 – Reconnecting Missing Files.

Give us some more details on what is (and isn’t) happening, and let’s see if we can’t figure it out!

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Yoni mintz's picture
by Yoni mintz
October 25, 2010 - 12:21am

Aperture only lets me reconnect one image at a time.

Weird.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 25, 2010 - 1:27am

Yoni,

I got that, but need more information to help.

Again, is the “reconnect all” button grayed out? Is it available, but it only reconnects one?

How did you get into this state… did you move your masters around, rename a hard drive, move the Library, reinstall the OS… what changed immediately before these missing files icons appeared?

Is it happening in the entire Library? Just some Projects? If some; older projects, newer ones, mixed?

Help us help you :)

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness