You are here

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Images not saved to card during tether session #1
Dennis's picture
by Dennis
March 31, 2014 - 1:48am

Hi,

Aperture 3.5.1 tether sessions work really well with my Canon EOS 6D using an USB cable. I have noticed only one down-side. All images shot during this session are not stored on the memory card in my camera. When disconnection my USB cable while keeping the tether session running or stopping the tether session will store the images to the memory card in my Camera again.

Is this by design in Aperture? How can I configure to always store images to the memory card?

Dennis

IDEMI Photography | www.idemi.nl

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
March 31, 2014 - 4:56am

Expected behavior.

John Waugh's picture
by John Waugh
March 31, 2014 - 5:06am

Don’t bother to shoot tethered.
The pupose is to put images directly into a library and to allow viewing on a large screen.
You don’t run out of card space in the middle of a studio assignment.

John Waugh, Photographic Images • Apple Certified Trainer• Sport Action Lifestyle Photography

Dennis's picture
by Dennis
March 31, 2014 - 10:29pm

Thank you all for your reply. I do understand the thought behind it but memory cards are not expensive these days. It’s better to have an extra backup when shooting, in my opinion.

IDEMI Photography | www.idemi.nl

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
April 1, 2014 - 2:47am

I shoot tethered on assignments and choose a backup folder along with the internal HD.  That is  the internal HD gets the image first and the external portable drive also gets a copy.   That way I get my backups and don’t worry about changing a camera disk when full.

Cheers  DBM

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
April 1, 2014 - 7:21am

It’s not always a matter of choice of the third party software driving the tethering function … but rather it can sometimes be a limitation of the SDK the camera manufacturer shares to developers. This limitation can vary even within a brand.

For example, most Nikon bodies can’t save images to to the internal cards while tethering … even when using Nikon’s proprietary software. I have no idea if this is the case with Canon. Though it is one possible answer to your question.

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
April 1, 2014 - 3:47pm

When shooting Tethered with AP my Canon 1Ds mark III  will not capture an image to the card.  Thank goodness for the built in AP backup folder in the Tethered Dialogue box

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness