You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
If ... #1
Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
September 19, 2014 - 2:43pm

After reading Derrick Story’s first offering on Photos for iOS 8 … and evaluating some of the tools … IF … Photos for OS X can offer the current tools for both global and local adjustments (assuming we can brush in adjustments in the not too distant future) as well as a decent sharpening tool … the Photos app will be a far cry from a “consumer” toolset.

While Photos does offer a basic, simplistic adjustment schema … you can drill down to more intricate and controlled adjustments many pro level apps offer.

So far, I am intrigued by what the Photos app is offering and very hopeful for it’s potential for future offerings.

http://thedigitalstory.com/2014/09/image-editing-tools-explained-ios8.html

Alex U's picture
by Alex U
October 17, 2014 - 10:32pm

Well, you can apply changes only on the entire picture. Brushes and Layers are fully missing. I think that this is crucial.

Best regards, Alex

Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
October 18, 2014 - 11:16pm

You’ll note I mentioned the absence of “brushed in adjustments” … 

It’s early days … quite some time before the release of the OS X version … we may see much more that we are hoping for … or all those 5k display iMacs are just wishful thinking …

I find it difficult to believe that Apple will offer such strides in hardware as in this newest iMac and the new MacPro … that they would not offer a relative image editing option … 

I’m still confident in what I have seen so far definitely offers promise.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness