You are here

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Huge file after using Perfect Resize #1
cheryl cowens's picture
by cheryl cowens
September 24, 2014 - 7:34pm

Does anyone know what to do with the huge file I have after using Perfect Resize to enlarge my photo? How do I export it for printing with outside printing service? Thanks, Cheryl

Jim Burgess's picture
by Jim Burgess
September 25, 2014 - 6:43pm

What is the size of the print you are making?

How big is the “huge file”, and what is the resolution?

cheryl cowens's picture
by cheryl cowens
September 27, 2014 - 1:59am

I am wanting to make a 20 x 24 in print @ 300 ppi.  I used the OnOne Perfect Resize plug-in and the file is 659MB when it was returned to Aperture.  Do I export this file as a high-quality jpeg like I normally would for a smaller print?

Jim Burgess's picture
by Jim Burgess
September 27, 2014 - 1:42pm

Right, simply define a custom export preset…

Size to “Fit Within Inches”, Width: 24 (or 20), Height 20 (or 24) 

DPI 300

Image Quality 8 should be fine. Quality 10 will likely produce a much larger output file, but use it if you feel it is required.

Color Profile: sRGB..

Your print lab might have some other specific requirements. Check with them if you are not sure.

For future use, you may also want to do some testing with Perfect Resize to see if you can get the output size reduced without losing quality. Also visit their web site (if you haven’t already); they have lots of tutorials and info on their product.

cheryl cowens's picture
by cheryl cowens
September 28, 2014 - 3:42pm

Thanks so much. I have been on their website and watched their video for using Perfect Resize as well as the PDF.  Unfortunately, the tutorials ended when the file went back to Aperture.  I was unsure of how to export the file while retaining the detail for such a large print. Thanks for the info.

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
September 26, 2014 - 4:04am

If the file is in Aperture, Export->Version and select a preset (or create a custom one) that matches the output you desire.

Thomas

cheryl cowens's picture
by cheryl cowens
September 27, 2014 - 2:00am

I normally would export a file for print as a high-quality jpeg.  Do I do the same for this file?

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
September 28, 2014 - 1:38pm

Yes.

cheryl cowens's picture
by cheryl cowens
September 28, 2014 - 3:38pm

Thanks

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness