You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
HRD Efex Pro 2 Not Working #1
Luanne's picture
by Luanne
August 3, 2015 - 10:33pm

HDR Efex Pro 2 stopped working. Anyone else having this problem? Color Efex is working as are the other programs in NIK.

Luanne

jollyllama's picture
by jollyllama
August 4, 2015 - 1:16am

Glad to see someone else with this problem - it just started for me, and it’s driving me crazy. Haven’t found anyone else out there experiencing it, and I’ve looked. If you’re having the same problem as me, you can go through the whole creation, but when you click “save” it crashes during the save process, leaving .tif versions of the source images, but never creating the final combined version.

Good news is I found a [rather clunky] fix: If you use the standalone program (you can drag and drop from Aperture into it) and go through the process, it still crashes at the end, but before doing so it manages to create the combined version and drop it (at least for me) in the root level of your home folder. Then, of course, you can drag this back into Aperture.

jollyllama's picture
by jollyllama
August 6, 2015 - 1:13am

I just got this email from Nik support:

I apologize for the inconvenience. We are currently working on the reported issue where images processed through HDR Efex Pro 2 are not being imported back in to Aperture. While we develop and test a potential fix for this issue, please use the following workaround to manually reimport the HDR image:

1. Open HDR Efex Pro 2 from Aperture.

2. Select “Settings” on the lower left.

3. Under the Stacking tab, uncheck “Automatically reimport.”

4. Click Ok to save the setting. This change only needs to be made once, so you will not need to open settings with every image.

After processing your image in HDR Efex Pro 2, click Save. You will be prompted to choose a place to save the file, outside of Aperture. After saving, you can then manually import the HDR image to Aperture. I apologize for the inconvenience and I thank you for your patience while we work on a permanent solution.

Lucie 's picture
by Lucie
September 8, 2016 - 4:37pm

I have been opening an image out of a project with HDR Efex Pro,  and have yet to see the edited image in my Aperture Library nor in my Picture Folder in my “Finder”.  I have then gone to Settings, Stacking tab, and Uncheck’ automatically reimport’  and it still does not save my image.

Please, advise.  (I have been working on this since yesterday and no results.

Lucie

Luanne's picture
by Luanne
September 8, 2016 - 5:27pm

I had a similar issue last year.  I contacted NIK and they sent me a new download. It fixed the problem.  I believe Google now owns NIK so contact them and hopefully they will send you a new download.

Luanne

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness