You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
How To Fix Chromatic Aberration #1
Katie S.'s picture
by Katie S.
May 9, 2014 - 5:14am

Newbie here.  I was working on a raw file of my daughter on her tricycle.  I noticed that there was chromatic aberration on the handle bars.  A bluish/purple fringe.   I pulled out my Aperture Pro Training book and followed the steps.  As I moved the bluish/yellow slider it began to disappear but her skin developed a greenish glow to it.  What am I doing wrong?  Is there a better way to fix this in Aperture?

Katie S.

Scott Davenport's picture
by Scott Davenport
May 9, 2014 - 6:50am
Hi Katie, Did you try brushing the adjustment only on the areas with the aberration? Most Aperture adjustments can be brushed on selectively. Thx, -scott
Katie S.'s picture
by Katie S.
May 11, 2014 - 4:21pm

Thanks Scott.  I finally got around to trying it using a brush.  It seemed to help soften it a bit but did not remove it completley.  I even tried the Halo brush.  I’ll play around with it some more.  I need practice using the brushes.  I’m not very comfortable with them.

Katie S.

Chris Biele's picture
by Chris Biele
May 12, 2014 - 6:02pm

Sometimes I find you can add an enhance adjustment and then desaturate entirely and brush the effect in selectively. It can work slightly better than the CA module.

-CB

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?