You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
How can you set the photo Caption as a filename on export? #1
Art Linaschke's picture
by Art Linaschke
January 22, 2010 - 1:41pm

I have 45 pictures in Aperture for a report, and have set the caption on each photo as the name of the item. I want to drag those pictures into placeholders in a Pages file. I planned to export the pictures as medium sized jpeg files into a folder on my desktop, set the caption as the name of each jpeg file, then drag and drop each picture file into the appropriate media placeholder in the Pages file.

I have not found a method to set the photo caption as the filename on export. Can anyone suggest an automated solution ?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
January 23, 2010 - 3:53am

Unfortunately Aperture doesn’t let you use the Caption as a naming field on Export. I dug around in Automator for a solution but couldn’t find anything elegant. Basically, you need to get the Caption into the Version name field and export by version name.

Fastest way to do that that I can think of is to create a Metadata preset that shows just Caption and Version Name, then copy, tab, paste, command-right arrow to go to the next image, and repeat. With just 45 photos that won’t take more than a few minutes, and in the future, at least until Aperture lets you use Caption as a naming module on export, put your names in the Version name field.

By the way I tried automating this in Automator and Services but it really is just faster to do it by hand. If someone knows Automator really well and can make that process faster, I’d love to hear about it!

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?