You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Help w/ laptop + Aperture setup..starting from scratch. #1
Mark S's picture
by Mark S
April 19, 2013 - 4:10am

It's that time of the decade again…time to update my computer, which seems to be on its last legs: an aging Mac Pro with 4 x 1TB drives (2 drives are clones of others) and a 1TB Time Capsule. I'd call myself a prosumer (though not particularly technical)…I work with both images and video and a variety of apps - Aperture, FCP, some PS, etc. Right now I have about 1.5TB of unique files and it continues to grow, maybe adding 500GB-1 TB a year in both images/video? A wild guess.

I wanted to get any advice on 2 items: overall setup for a completely new setup, and if I should RAID 0 v 1 (or something else).

Here does my best guess:
MBP w/512GB SSD: houses all apps and Aperture library. I travel a lot during the day and also need a 15” screen, thus the MBP.

MBP then connects via Thunderbolt to…

G-TECH 4GB (or 6TB?) RAID drive: set to RAID 0 (or RAID 1?) this would house all my referenced images as well as other media. Not sure is RAID 0 is the better choice - if it provides great speed benefits over RAID 1 if I have referenced images. Or if I need RAID at all.

Above drive then connects via Thunderbolt to 2 devices:

1. Apple Cinema display (1 generation older than current gen)
2. G-TECH 4GB drive: partitioned into
a. 512GB: clone of my internal MBP drive using SuperDuper (at least that is the app I use now) - I think I would like to have a bootable clone at the ready like I have now.
b. 3.5TB: clone of the RAID drive (or should I use Time Machine?)

I also have the 1 TB Time Capsule. Which perhaps I can hook up to the MBP to continuously backup the internal drive, though I'm not sure Apple would let me use Time Machine to manage the drive in 2b plus the external Time Capsule?

Anyway, just curious how batty I have gone, or if I'm on the right track.
I'm not tied to anything - using RAID, Time Machine, brand of drives, or software (well, I am tied to Aperture! ☺ )
Any advice would be reeeeally helpful!

Mark S's picture
by Mark S
April 19, 2013 - 11:07pm

Ooops…as you may have guessed, I mistakenly have “4GB” instead of “4TB” above (living in the distant past!  :) )

olvia's picture
by olvia
June 24, 2019 - 2:11pm

hello

This error code in well-known seems when your encoder strip receives untidy. You may also confront a number of printing errors if the mistake is not fixed on time. You may also come upon other error messages related to this error code. Because of this mistake, you can get the following error messages as properly:

brother printer error 48

olvia's picture
by olvia
June 25, 2019 - 9:44am

If users have hassle over connecting Brother printer on wi-fi community for Macintosh then, don’t worry about it.  Our expert professional group has cautiously penned down a weblog on this rely with proper verification steps. This will in addition permit users to carry out a deep test whether their Brother printer is well connected over Wireless Network or now not

connect brother printer to wifi

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness