You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Help with professional Photography monitor #1
wveeser's picture
by wveeser
January 10, 2014 - 3:50am

I am looking for a professional Monitor for my new MacBook Pro w/retina display.  Many of you have experience with and opinions of professional monitors.  I would welcome any ideas and/or comments.  I have read that the Apple display is good but over priced and that there are similar quality model for about half the price. I have tried the Dell U2413 and had to return it as i found after the fact that it did not support apple Macbook pro’s.  Also I wondered if it is worth waiting for Apple to support 4K monitors.  Thanks for your help in advance

wrv

Butch Miller's picture
by Butch Miller
January 10, 2014 - 2:04pm

While the Apple displays may be considered “overpriced” compared to other brands of similar specifications … they usually seem to have more longevity as well.

My brother runs a small graphics design studio. 18 work stations (16 27” iMacs, 2 Mac Pros) and two servers (2 Mac Pros) … all Apple, all running dual monitor setups … I assist him with technical support, installations and upgrades as well as routine scheduled color profiling of the displays. He and his staff rave about the displays and how well they hold up   … and how little they change in color, contrast over time.

One way you can save a few bucks, keep an eye on the stock in the online Apple Store Refurb section. They often have displays on hand for $200 off regular price. All items are indistinguishable from new, carry full one-year warranty … plus you can add Apple Care … and free shipping in the U.S.

While $799 is still a bit steep compared to some of the DELL monitors … the Apple displays perform nicely and match other Apple hardware smoothly … if that matters … ;-)

Every piece of Apple hardware I have purchased over the past 5-6 years (except for my iPhone) has come from the Refurb store. I have no regrets and save a huge chunk of cash in the process.

wveeser's picture
by wveeser
January 12, 2014 - 11:51pm

I need a 24” monitor!

wrv

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness