You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Flickr - taken date is date of edit using plugin #1
banterCZ's picture
by banterCZ
July 7, 2011 - 7:45am

Syncing Aperture with a Flickr account causes no problem with 'date take on'. Anyway using a plugin (specifically Silver Efex Pro 2) sets 'date take on' on date of edit in the plugin. Nevertheless the date in exif is not modified. It is confusing.

Do you have the same experience? Any fix? Is it problem of Aperture, a plugin or Flickr?

Nick Spinelli's picture
by Nick Spinelli
July 7, 2011 - 10:30am

I think that it may have something to do with using Silver Efex Pro. I just checked a photo I uploaded yesterday. Flickr reads it as being taken yesterday. But it was not taken then. I did create it yesterday though. I made sure to lift and stamp the metadata from the original file.

I only used Aperture 3, Silver Efex Pro (1), and the Flickr export button along the top of the Aperture 3 window.

Nick Spinelli's picture
by Nick Spinelli
July 7, 2011 - 10:43am

Aha! When using Aperture 3 to post the photo, while having it edited by Silver Efex Pro, it changes shows up on Flickr as being taken the date it was created.

I uploaded a picture to Flickr via export to jpeg, then through their web interface, it shows up correctly.

I uploaded the same picture using the Flickr button in Aperture 3, shows the date taken was 9 minutes ago. Not correct.

Looks like I’ll need to stop using the Flickr export button.

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
July 7, 2011 - 5:19pm

I am not a big fan on the in built facebook and flickr sync side of Aperture.

I much prefer a publish and forget method to my photos. I do not want to be syncing them.

Hence why I use a third party app by connectedflow.

Might be worth a look it is not too expensive.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 12, 2011 - 9:46am

It smells like a bug, and I’ve reported the problem.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness