You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Filter bracketed images #1
Ian Gonsal's picture
by Ian Gonsal
May 6, 2014 - 7:32am

I wish to create a filter that will show bracketed images only.

If I filter by Exposure bias this will also pick up images biased but not bracketed.
If I Auto Stack that picks up images sequenced with continuous high but not bracketed.

I rated manually some bracketed images with two stars, but cannot seem to create a filter that will eliminate the two star rating and include an exposure bias rating. Ie There is no “is not” option in rating “is” ; “is greater than” or “is less than” are the options. I couldn’t get the “does not match” option working in the complex search either.

Of course I will change my workflow while shooting to provide for this is in the future but I have a few years of images I would like to sort; in particular the bracketed ones.

Thanks in advance

Chris Biele's picture
by Chris Biele
May 7, 2014 - 10:42pm

Sounds like a tricky one. Do you often shoot in burst mode when not bracketing? Auto Stack would be my first thought, but it sounds like it won't work for you. What is your method for taking bracketed images?

Ian Gonsal's picture
by Ian Gonsal
May 8, 2014 - 8:27am

Thanks Chris; I used the burst mode on the tip that in many shots one may get a better focus than the others; especially with dynamic subjects.

Hence my shoot mode would routinely be Continuous High or Low. And of course that’s what also gets caught up in the Auto Stack process.

More than that though. I still cant work out how to filter. “All images that are not 2Stars; but whose Exposure bias is not 0” I get twisted on the “do not match” double negative flow.

I’ll change my workflow when shooting bracketed by taking a blank shot before and after in the future; but it’s the back log I was trying to sort out.

Chris Biele's picture
by Chris Biele
May 12, 2014 - 5:18pm

Try modifying your search to:

ALL of the following that DO NOT MATCH

Rating IS Two Stars

Exposure Bias IS Zero

Ian Gonsal's picture
by Ian Gonsal
May 13, 2014 - 1:46am

Thanks Chris: That’s about as close as I could get the search. It certainly picked up bracketed sets but I needed to include the middle “Exposure Bias Zero” image to complete the full “bracketed set” This is what I have done. I then re-tagged the images and are now easy to locate for HDR etc.

The long task is now complete and I’m better prepared for my next outing with bracketing!

Regards

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?