You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Facebook Picture Size #1
Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
August 14, 2012 - 6:33am

If I use Aperture to share photos on Facebook, at what size are they uploaded?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 14, 2012 - 7:19am

Walter,

I can’t answer that offhand, as there have been recent changes to Facebook and to Aperture in this regard. Can you test it and let us know? Publish to Facebook, then copy the image from Facebook to your desktop and open in Preview.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
August 14, 2012 - 8:39am

Looks like 2048x1536. I’m not pleased about that. I’d prefer to be able to control the size so people can’t steal larger size files.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 14, 2012 - 8:49am

Walter,

Understood. I could go on a tangent saying that Facebook isn’t the place to post your quality work, since Facebook has a habit of changing their policies and suddenly claiming ownership of everything you do and post to Facebook, but I’ll skip that here.

If you want control, there are other third party plugins out there. Just google “aperture facebook plugin” and I’m pretty sure there are a few options on the market.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
August 14, 2012 - 10:44am

That is a bummer. Lightroom let’s you choose the export setting you want to use when publishing to Facebook. Let’s hope an Aperture 4 (fingers crossed) produces comparable features for Facebook, Flickr, etc, integration.

greg owe's picture
by greg owe
August 14, 2012 - 9:40pm

Best way to get around this it to resize the image to the spec you want and keep it in Aperture along with the original. I find the Applescript that Joseph sell on this site perfect for this. Just don’t delete the original once it’s done. Add a little sharpening to the new resized image and upload.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness