You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Enlarge Canvas But Not Photo #1
Jaimie Harris's picture
by Jaimie Harris
January 22, 2011 - 1:00am

Not sure of the best way to describe this but I saw it done in Photoshop and would like to be able to do it in Aperture. If a plug-in is needed then so be it.

I want to be able to increase the canvas size of a photo without changing the size of the original photograph. An example (not mine) is here so assume that the original shot of the seashell was closely cropped and then the whitespace was added for effect.

http://www.123rf.com/photo_6391442_large-seashell-with-white-space.html

Although the background is white in the example, it should be possible to do it with any background colour. It should also be possible to select where the original image is positioned.

I would like to be able to save the resulting image as a version.

Thanks

Jai

Milt Anglin's picture
by Milt Anglin
January 22, 2011 - 1:45am

You might try the free plugin BorderFX. I am not sure that you can offset the photo, but you can get quite creative with borders and they save as a version. You can even add text and copyright info if you so desire.

Milt

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
January 22, 2011 - 2:59pm

Jaimie,

You could create a custom “book” with a single page, and output the file as a PDF or JPEG back to Aperture. The technique is outlined in this user post, Combining Multiple Images Without Leaving Aperture (although for you, you’d just be adding one image instead of multiple).

I don’t know that you can pick any color for the background though… you’ll have to try it.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness