You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Duplicates when import from iPhoto #1
Federico De's picture
by Federico De
June 28, 2011 - 3:46pm

Hi, I'm most glad to find this site. I hope I can get some help.
Please know I'm not an expert in aperture, nor an expert photographer. So, probably, the problem is me!
Here's my question:
I take all my pictures through my iPhone 4, and, in my iPad when I collect pictures from cameras. So, I go to iPhoto (since it have the option to delete all imported pictures). Next I open aperture, and import using the iPhoto browser.
The problem I have is:
Anytime, I import a video, it duplicates it.
Today, it started to do the same, but now pictures too.
So, now my problem is that, I get twice the pictures, for each one I shoot or import from the iPad.
I think is important to say, that the files do not go to any editing process in iPhoto. They just pass through it.

I hope I can get some help. It will be too much in my workflow to also, locate and delete each duplicate any time I import to aperture.

Thanks!
Federico

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
June 28, 2011 - 11:27pm

Hi Federico,

I do not have an iPhone :(

I do have the iPad, which I use for transferring photos on the go to it and then back in to aperture when I get near my mac.

This seems like a very basic thing that they have missed out during the development of aperture.

One thing that I have come across is this:

if you want Aperture to delete your photos after import you’ll need to launch Image Capture with your iPhone connected. Check the “Delete after import” button and you should be good to go. For those of you who haven’t used Image Capture, you can use this to delete all photos from your iPhone as well. Image Capture is a great utility app and it’s included for free on the Mac (look in Applications->Utilities).

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness