You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Duplicate files on import? #1
Leica Shooter's picture
by Leica Shooter
April 1, 2015 - 6:55am

It is probably my fault for not erasing my SD card(s) each time I want to load new images into C.O.P. When I select the import button all the images on the card appear, I then select only the newest images to import.  It shows the number selected in the bottom right corner and I hit enter.  Then when looking at my image library, all of the images are imported, thus duplicates.  Aperture is good at not allowing duplicates to import, LR is not so good, (especially with jpg’s)  LR just adds a sequence number to end of each file name.  Grrr.  I’ve spent countless hours removing those.  Sorry got side tracked.

So the question:  Is there a way to prevent duplicates from being imported into C.O.P.?  

Michael Paolantonio's picture
by Michael Paolantonio
April 4, 2015 - 7:32am

This seems to be a well-documented bug / “feature” of C1.  From what I’ve read, if you’re storing your images in a C1 Catalog (analogous to Aperture’s Library), it won’t re-import duplicates.  I haven’t tested this, as my images won’t fit on my system disk–like everyone, I daresay, my images are on external drives.  When your photos are Referenced, C1 does re-import duplicates if they’re still on your card.  

As far as I’m concerned, keeping images on your card until you want to format is best practice.  Even with backups enabled, it doesn’t help if the upload corrupted before it landed on any of your drives, so I share your frustration.  I’ve made a feature request.

Here’s where I was reading about it:
http://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=14278&start=0&st=0&sk=…

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness