You are here

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Deleted by accident all my presets! Need Help #1
Frank Goedschalk's picture
by Frank Goedschalk
June 19, 2012 - 4:40am

By mistake I deleted all my presets, even the new Apple presets, is there a workaround to retrieve at least the 3.3 presets like auto white balance.
Thanks for reply in advance, Frank

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 19, 2012 - 4:58am

Frank,

How about the “reset to factory settings” option in the gear menu, in the Effects Preset window? [screenshot]

If you had previously installed ApertureExpert presets, you won’t be able to reinstall those — we’re chasing bugs now that are killing them on install for most users. Sorry :(

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

by Frank Goedschalk
June 19, 2012 - 5:21am

No luck for that!

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 19, 2012 - 5:24am

Frank,

What does that mean… there is no command, or the command doesn’t do anything?

-Joseph

@PhotoJoseph

by Frank Goedschalk
June 19, 2012 - 5:41am

The command doesn’t do anything, screen appears to be blank, there are no default presets added.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 19, 2012 - 6:47am

Frank,

OK. Then quit Aperture, and got to the folder ~ / Library / Application Support / Aperture and trash the Adjustment Chain Presets.plist file. This will be rebuilt on launch with the original presets.

Note that you will NOT be able to import any ApertureExpert presets at this time. We are working on a solution.

@PhotoJoseph

by Frank Goedschalk
June 19, 2012 - 7:12am

Thanks Joseph that worked for me!!!

Lightscap3s.com's picture
by Lightscap3s.com
June 23, 2012 - 10:47pm

I needed to reinstalled all AE presets ~ the only ones that would not install were Split Tones and #5

UPDATE: had to remove the other presets that did install because they were slowing down Aperture like crazy. Even had to force quit twice.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 30, 2012 - 6:28pm

SesHat,

Do me a favor and try to install the presets again with the Aperture 3.3.1 update. I’m on a very slow connection so can’t download and test myself, but I’m hoping that the fix for installing preset packs is in here.

@PhotoJoseph

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness