You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
crop tool #1
xmas65's picture
by xmas65
April 23, 2014 - 8:22pm

My crop tool has begun to act crazy.  When I try to crop in custom for 11 X 14 the tool gives me some crazy crop.  I have looked everywhere to find some kind of preference to see if I could figure it out from there to no avail.

This just started, it was working fine.  I am at a lost and I need to get some photos ready for at art show.  HELPPPPP

Terie Christmas
wabisabiphotoblog.com

Chris Biele's picture
by Chris Biele
April 24, 2014 - 1:08am

Seems odd. Do you have any more info?

Can you upload a screenshot of your window, including the Crop HUD and the funny results you are getting?

Also what version of Aperture are you running?

xmas65's picture
by xmas65
April 24, 2014 - 2:16am

I’m using 3.5.1  Funny thing is it started working again.  This is not the first time this has happened.  Next time I will post a screen shot.  Thankfully I got all my photos done so I could get them to the printer.  That was a relief.

Believe me it is odd.  I have been using Aperture for 5 years and I’ve had this happen twice now in the last month.

Terie Christmas
wabisabiphotoblog.com

Joe's picture
by Joe
April 24, 2014 - 9:10am

next time would be nice that you explain what is going wrong with the tool :) because odd behavior can be many things ;)

Have a nice day,

J.

xmas65's picture
by xmas65
April 24, 2014 - 3:29pm

well to give you an example, I was trying to crop to custom 11 X 14.  When I use the crop tool and start at the corner and start dragging to the bottom corner, instead I would get something that looked like it was 14 X 4.  I would hit the reset and type in the 11 X 14 again and it would give the same “slim” crop.  No matter what I tried it never would be an 11 X 14 crop.   This is as best as I can describe without showing you a screen shot.  If it happens again I will send one.

Thanks for responding.

Terie Christmas
wabisabiphotoblog.com

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?