You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Crop and Straighten adjustments not working in 3.3.2 #1
bob william's picture
by bob william
August 26, 2012 - 8:39am

mild P A N I C !!!

I'm leaving on a 6 week photo trip tomorrow, Sunday, and tonight am working on some images shot of a new grandchild [just to keep my Aperture skills sharp as well as remember her on the trip ]. I discovered that the crop and straighten adjustments in 3.3.2 do not work - I tried the key board shortcut for each, tried checking the box in the appropriate brick in the HUD, and tried using the icon in the toolbar below the image in the viewer. NONE of these would make these two functions work but they always have in the past. I've not used Aperture for a few weeks. Has anything changed to disable these two critical functions ?

I'm using 3.3.2 on a MBP from Nov. 2011, running 10.7.4 [ don't quite trust Mountain Lion with 3.3.2 yet, based on postings ].

as I wrote mild P A N I C !!! Can anyone help ?

Thank you

Bob

Bob S.

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
August 26, 2012 - 9:11am

Nothing has changed. Is that the only adjustments that do not work?

I would try deleting the Aperture preferences file to see if it helps.

Thomas

bob william's picture
by bob william
August 26, 2012 - 9:20am

Problem “self-solved” - - - - a sheepish self-response !

I’ve never gotten used to, and probably never will get used to, “fixing” problems by turning off a device or closing a piece of software and restarting or reopening same !
A refrigerator, a lamp, a car, none of those devices, or many others, would ever self-repair by turning off and then back on. Computer hardware and software ? That’s a different story !

Readers of this self-fix-reply will by now have guessed that my simply closing Aperture and reopening it magically allowed me to crop and straighten to my heart’s content; hence the headline’s words “a sheepish self response”.

I self-replied to my original post to admit before all the (Aperture Expert-)World my humbling experience. Possibly others may share my chagrin.

In any case, I’m sorry for taking up a “slot” in the User Forum and am grateful to any and all who may have read my plea for help and now, at this time, may be working on their own computers to figure out a solution for me. Thank you. Now you may go back to a more productive task. And I may depart tomorrow full of confidence in my ability to adjust away on the gazillions of images I’m likely to shoot.

Thank you

Signed  : Sheepish in St. Louis

Bob S.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?