You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Corrupt Previews #1
David Folender's picture
by David Folender
December 20, 2012 - 12:33am

Hi All,

So this is a problem that has only somewhat recently come up. All of a sudden the previews to numerous images are corrupt. They are either striped or are filled with snow. Sometimes when I double click to view the image is fine, other times they are not.

I have pretty much done everything; rebuilt preferences, rebuilt library, reinstalled software,… nothing. I am pretty much at my wit's end.

Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

David

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
December 20, 2012 - 1:03am

Hi David

When this was happening to me I tried disk utilities on the hard drive, boot into safe mode and restart, do a Fsck when booting then redo AP three rebuild actions. See FAQ for all those steps. After that I deleted the images and reimported them from back ups. It did eventual stop if that is a consolation. Also playing Jimmie Hendrix loud was comforting

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

David Folender's picture
by David Folender
December 20, 2012 - 5:31am

Can’t seem to find any of this in the FAQ. I’ll keep looking. Found my Hendrix though! Any additional help would be appreciated before I pull out all of my hair.

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
December 20, 2012 - 6:52am

Reading all of FAQ is a good thing but check out “I want some hard-core command-line system-wide repair work done!” also how to clear caches and how to clear Preference files. I got so fed up I deleted the images and reinstalled image from back up. You could open the lib and copy the original image to desk top and open in preview or ps to see if it really is a corrupted file. If the file is good then the problem is probably in the library / database.

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

David Folender's picture
by David Folender
December 20, 2012 - 7:01am

Yeah, checking the images out is a good idea and I have and they are not corrupt or anything. I even, I know this is evil, checked them out in Lightroom and they were perfect. I really don’t want to switch applications but I don’t know what else to do.

I will check out the FAQ but I’ve done some serious system-wide work, as well as the three start-up options with Aperture. I’ve even re-installed the program to start from scratch.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?