You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Convert Master File Format, convert by star rating? #1
Roadie's picture
by Roadie
February 14, 2014 - 9:44am

Is it possible to modify the script so that it would automatically convert all the pictures based on the star rating of the current project?  For example, I rate all the photos I want to keep the RAW with 4 stars or more; then the script automatically select all the photos from no star to 3 stars and convert them?  What would be the code to do that?

Thanks.

Scott Davenport's picture
by Scott Davenport
February 15, 2014 - 4:43am

Modifying the code is an approach, but that’s a little limiting for a general purpose script. For example, I use that script to convert photos 4 and 5 star photos that have undergone round trips and get converted to PSD or TIFF and have grown (sometimes beyond 1GB in size).

Instead, you could do a quick filter in your project for 3-stars or less, select all photos, and then run the script. An extra step for you, but the script remains a general tool.

If you really want to modify the code, there’s a bit of extra work because AppleScript doesn’t have a straightforward concept of a “continue” within a repeat loop. It’s easy enough to check the rating, but there’s some extra clauses you’d need given how the script is written.

Roadie's picture
by Roadie
February 23, 2014 - 8:23am

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your suggestion.  Making a filter is a viable solution, but I need to make a filter that is “greater or equal to unrated”, and “is less than or equal to 3-stars”; it is because I do reject photos and I don’t want to waste time converting them.  Given my consistent workflow, most of the time I would be doing the same thing so it would be nice to have one script to do that.  I can keep the original one, but just make one more for unrated to 3-star.

Could you show me how to modify the code to do that, or maybe point me to some direction?

Thanks.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?