You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Changing name and info of manual lenses for Aperture #1
Richard's picture
by Richard
May 25, 2014 - 4:34pm

Hi all,

I’ve started doing a bit of manual lens shooting with my NEX-6 (and loving it), and the exif obviously has no info for the lenses. I’ve been mucking about with exiftool on the command line, and with ExifChanger, with little success. 

Anyone know what specifically I need to change to get Aperture 3.5.1 to display:

Fujinon 55mm F1.8

rather than:

Sony 0mm F0.0

Thanks!

cheers,
Richard

Rafael - MyDarkroom.ca's picture
by Rafael - MyDarkroom.ca
May 25, 2014 - 6:06pm

Hi Richard, I think you are using the right tools for the job. Unfortunately this EXIF editing cannot be done within Aperture. 

I thought about using exiftool since Leica placed the Lens info on a different EXIF field, making it unreadable by Aperture (go figure). Lightroom was tweaked in order to show the lens info (and the possible aperture used) since it comes bundled with the cameras. At the end of the day I decided not to bother.

Hopefully someone here will have more info on how to use exiftool / exifchanger.

Richard's picture
by Richard
May 26, 2014 - 2:25am

Looks like I got it. Not sure *exactly* how, but needed to change both LensModel, and LensType. I think LensType needs to be a number that Aperture doesn’t know, then it let’s LensModel override. Or something like that. :-)

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?