by Paul T
August 4, 2012 - 6:45am

how bad things are getting? if so where and how do I post them

Paul

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 8, 2012 - 3:16am

Paul,

Yeah, bummer news. So if the new user account doesn’t help, then yes I’d definitely demand a new one. There’s a point where Apple will just replace the entire Mac, and in your case I hope that’s now.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 4, 2012 - 6:59am

Paul,

I don’t know what this in relation to so when you post photos, please put it in context and explain what you want us to see.

That said, easiest is to post to flickr and put the links in a post here. You can’t embed photos in the forum, unfortunately.

@PhotoJoseph

Paul T's picture
by Paul T
August 4, 2012 - 7:44am

Thanks Joseph, this has become so bad that it’s happening every single time I use aperture, here’s a flickr link. It basically started from Aperture 3 and now it’s everyday. Sometimes if I make a copy then I do a small crop it goes away, but even that is failing. I have an early ‘11, 17” MBP, i7, 2.3GHz, 8GB ram and 750HD and 6TB LaCie external for referenced pic. It doesn’t make a difference if the pics are referenced or not. I had the genius bar suggest a full clean install which I did 2 weeks ago and have just been bringing back over what I need.

http://flickr.com/gp/tizza70/CMri42/

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
August 4, 2012 - 8:07am

Paul,

My first thought is graphics card damage (failed card), but to be sure create a new user account and see if you get the same results there. But I’m guessing you will since you already did a clean install. But still, to be sure, give that a try.

It’s early ‘11 so hopefully still in warranty?

@PhotoJoseph

Paul T's picture
by Paul T
August 4, 2012 - 9:17am

Thanks Joseph, I couldn’t explain it I just wanted to show some one as it only does it with Aperture and I have LR4 and PS CS6 Extended. I import everything via aperture as I love the library system and it’s far superior speed. I also like to do all my basic raw edits with it too.

They ran a full diagnostics on it before and after the wipe and it was green across the board. It’s still under warranty and has given me nothing but grief. I paid over 4K for this lemon. All my other macs have been flawless and never skipped a beat. It doesn’t do it with any plug-ins either, and it’s fine to edit video on and watch movies with. I wonder if I can demand a new graphics card. They’ve already had to replace the HD. Every time I take it in there they actually say WOW, this is in amazing condition and twice it’s stopped the genius bar dead in it’s track for everyone to have a look at what on earth it’s doing.

It’s my baby and it’s never been dropped but I feel like dropping it from a rooftop. I haven’t tried a new user acc since before the wipe actually, great idea. Thanks mate.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness