You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Can Aperture automatically create projects by date? #1
ksignorini's picture
by ksignorini
June 29, 2011 - 2:25pm

Is there any way on import to have Aperture create separate projects for each day that images on the card I'm importing were created?

For example, if I have pictures from 2011-06-23, 24, and 25 on a memory card, I would like Aperture to create the following projects on import and sort the images accordingly:

2011-06-23
2011-06-24
2011-06-25

I'm using a referenced library system and I know Aperture is smart enough to sort the images on disc according to a scheme, I just don't want to have to sort them all into appropriate projects by hand is all.

Thanks.

ksignorini's picture
by ksignorini
July 6, 2011 - 2:48pm

Seems to work, provided I’m not importing these projects into an already existing folder.

However, is there any way to change the format of the project name (i.e. change Jun 13, 2011 to 2011-06-13)?

Thanks again!

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
July 6, 2011 - 3:04pm

I have never found a way to do this. There is a discussion thread over on apple’s site about this.

A user has kindly written an apple script which you can set to run after install and it will import and then create the appropriate folders.

although line 3 I am sure you would need to change “untitled folder” to “untitled project”.

Have a read through it here:

Linky

Debbie's picture
by Debbie
June 29, 2011 - 2:50pm

Not Joseph here and he might have a different answer, but the way I do it is first make sure in the Import Preferences pane that you have the Autosplit into Projects choice set to “One Project per day”, then when you are Importing be sure you have the “Automatically Split Projects” box checked. This will separate each day into it’s own Project. Hope this helps.

~Debbie

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
June 29, 2011 - 2:51pm

It can automatically split the projects.

When you go to import lookfor the automatically split projects checkbox. This will sort them out by date.

Beaten to the post by Debbie ;)

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness