You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Broadwell chip delay-?big problem #1
Florian Cortese's picture
by Florian Cortese
July 9, 2014 - 9:57pm

I have a 3 going on 4 year old 15 inch MBP which is working OK but I have the majority of my photos on an external drive and my Aperture is running slow on Mavericks.  I was planning on updating my MBP at the end of this year to a retina MBP.  Intel just announced that its planned release of the new Broadwell chip has been pushed back to mid July for the 15 in rMBP.  If Apple releases an upgrade to its present line of rMBPs w/o the Broadwell chip, with respect to what we use in photo processing (Aperture, Plug-Ins, etc) would it be wise to wait until next year or go out and get a rMBP with probably a little bump in what the present rMBPs have? I really do not do gaming or like on my computer.  I plan on holding out with Aperture for as long as possible and waiting to see what Photos develops into.  Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Florian Cortese
www.fotosbyflorian.com

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
July 15, 2014 - 12:10am

The days of the dramatic boost in performance from one year to the next are over. If you’re not getting what you need out of your current machine, waiting won’t get you much other than a higher price (maybe) and more slow performance in the interim.

I saw this deal today on AppleInsider where Adorama is giving a free 3YR AppleCare with purchase. The details are in the AppleInsider article. If you buy now you’ll probably save several hundred over waiting for the new machines with Broadwell. There’s always the slim chance Apple will price the new machines lower. I wouldn’t take those odds.

Thomas

Florian Cortese's picture
by Florian Cortese
July 15, 2014 - 4:43am

Thanks for the link Thomas. My budget targets a Q4’14-Q1’15 purchase so as much as the Appleinsoder-Adorama deal is inciting, I’ll wait and see what gets released later this year. Fortunately, I have an education discount available through the local university where I do some teaching so that will help.

Florian Cortese
www.fotosbyflorian.com

Red Arrow's picture
by Red Arrow
October 5, 2023 - 10:39pm

In order to gamble in online games, you don’t need a very powerful computer or various expensive devices. It’s enough to find a reliable online game such as Conquestador https://conquestador.com/en-nz/game/wolf-gold. Online can be a good source of online earnings if you are not afraid of excitement and risk.

Run 3's picture
by Run 3
January 15, 2024 - 5:44am

I will also introduce you to the online community in addition to the information that is offered here word wipe. This is a pretty excellent list of the games that I’ve played, which includes examples of some of my all-time favorites as well as those that are the most well-known. There is another topic. The many games that I am confident you will enjoy. 

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?