You are here

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Black and white previews of color images... #1
Martin Herrera's picture
by Martin Herrera
October 27, 2013 - 6:25am

Hi, I noticed today that the previews of the images I recently imported are in black and white although the Thumbnails are in color. I imported new images from a different camera (Nikon D800) and the same thing happened. This is a new behavior that I had never experienced since I started using Aperture in version 1. Anyone experienced this or has any suggestions? Thanks a lot. m.

Some facts:
-This happens with images that are referenced and available, as well as when the masters are offline.
-I 'reprocess originals'.
-I also tried with 'Generate Previews' and 'Update Previews'.
-I'm running: Aperture 3.4.5, Mac OS 10.8.5.

Martin Herrera Soler | www.martinhsphoto.com

Martin Herrera's picture
by Martin Herrera
October 28, 2013 - 4:54am

Guys, any suggestion? I ran out of ideas of what to do. Thanks a lot. m.

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
October 28, 2013 - 5:05am

Ive not heard of that. You are sure there is no Adjustment brick for B&W on the image. All images?? I guess Id start by tossing the Plist or cache file and then do the there steps of repair and rebuild from top to bottom. (hold option + command key when starting aperture. Let us know so at least I can keep guessing. :-) dbm

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Martin Herrera's picture
by Martin Herrera
October 30, 2013 - 4:42am

DBmoore, thanks for your response. Seems you are ‘stuck’ with my Aperture issues. You also responded the last time when I had a ‘weird’ issue.

Regarding your comment, no adjustments what so ever have been applied. The strange thing is that the thumbnail is in color and the preview in B&W. I’ll try to rebuild once again the database and see if this makes it.

Appreciate your help. Martin.

Martin Herrera's picture
by Martin Herrera
November 4, 2013 - 8:49am

FInally, simply by removing the plist file made the previews return to color. Hope this might help someone down the road. Thanks.

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
November 4, 2013 - 10:06am

This is one of OS X’s notorious “glitches”. When a properties list (plist) file gets corrupt it hoses up the application that depends on it. Only by deleting it (or knowing the right set of Terminal commands to fix it) can you get things working again.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness