You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Automatic Stacking #1
Sarah Mawdsley's picture
by Sarah Mawdsley
June 20, 2011 - 4:47pm

Wondering if someone is able to point me in the right direction, I have been unsuccessful so far in finding the answer to my problem. It can easily be user error!

I am not a big fan of the automatic stacking. I am sure it has it's uses, but for what I am doing right now, it is just irritating. So, I have turned of auto stacking in the preferences, which is as far as I understand it, the correct place to disable this functionality.

However, it does not seem to be making any difference. Everything is still auto stacking and it's really bugging me.

Does anybody have any suggestions ? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance. I know someone here will know just exactly what's wrong :)

Sarah

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 21, 2011 - 4:12am

Sarah,

Where are you referring to stacking? Do you mean stacking of photos that were taken within xx seconds of each-other (menu Stacks > Auto-Stack) or do you mean stacking of versions every time you create a new one? (Preference: General > Automatically stack new versions)?

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Sarah Mawdsley's picture
by Sarah Mawdsley
June 21, 2011 - 5:30am

Stacking of versions every time a create a new one. I have that turned off in Preferences and yet it still keeps stacking.

Thanks Joseph.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
June 21, 2011 - 11:47am

Sarah,

Sounds like a preference may have gotten corrupted then. Quit Aperture, move the preferences file to the desktop (found at ~ / Library / Preferences / com.apple.Aperture.plist ) and relaunch Aperture. Disable the setting if it’s back on, and try again. If that works, then you’ll just need to reset the rest of your Aperture preferences.

Annoying, I know, but it happens sometimes. Preference files are pretty fragile and seem to corrupt quite easily.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Sarah Mawdsley's picture
by Sarah Mawdsley
June 21, 2011 - 5:24pm

Thanks Joseph, that seems to have fixed it. Glad I wasn’t going mad :)

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?