You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Assigning Places #1
Simon Bradbury's picture
by Simon Bradbury
January 3, 2011 - 8:41am

I'm trying to assign places in Aperture 3, which is proving to be problematic. I can assign the places OK using the Places button, but if I then look at the Metadata for each photo, there is a long list of places that I have recorded for other photos, but which have nothing to do with the photos I am trying to assign (as well as the location for the current photo). Pretty sure I'm making a basic error, but I don't know what it is. Anybody else have this issue?

Simon Bradbury's picture
by Simon Bradbury
January 9, 2011 - 9:02am

Joseph,

Neither - here’s what happens: I selected several photos that had not been assigned any location. I click Metadata: Assign Location. Then I search the location on the map (in this case, Trafalgar Square, London). Click on ‘Assign’. But when I look at the location under Metadata for each photo, it reads “Paris, Edgbaston, Trafalgar Square”. Paris and Edgbaston are locations I have used for other photos in other projects, but I’m not understanding why they are turning up here…

Thanks
Simon

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
January 6, 2011 - 12:45am

Simon,

Are you saying that in the metadata for a photo that’s been assigned to, say, Los Angeles, you’re also seeing other locations in the same metadata field, under the Metadata tab? In what field, exactly?

Or are you saying that under the Places map, you’re seeing other locations that you haven’t assigned photos to? If so, what happens when you select one of those locations from the list?

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
January 10, 2011 - 5:48am

Simon,

Are you talking about this window, here? [screenshot]

That’s a list of previous places, that’s all. They have nothing to do with your current photo.

Once you have added Places info to a photo, you can see the photos on a map, and see just the photos from a particular area, by viewing them in the Places view, and choosing a location from the Places list [screenshot]

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness