Hi guys, I’m a little new to tweaking Aperture with Applescript and I think I’ve got what should be a pretty straightforward task, but I’m getting a bit bogged down and though someone here might be a bit better versed and help me figure out a direction to go.
Here’s the skinny. I have 3 items as input:
- A folder of images on disk ($imageFolderOnDisk)
- A project name ($projectName)
- A keyword ($keyword)
I want to accomplish the following:
- If a project named $projectName doesn’t exist in the library, create a project named $projectName.
- Create an album ($apertureAlbum) named the same as $imageFolderOnDisk as a child of the project $projectName.
- Import all files from the folder $imageFolderOnDisk into the Aperture Album named $apertureAlbum.
- Add the keyword $keyword to all images in the album $apertureAlbum.
Here are the holes in my knowledge:
- I don’t know how to create an album such that it is a child of a project
- I don’t know how to select all the images in an album and apply a keyword to them.
- Corollary to #2: I don’t know if there is a more efficient way to apply a keyword to all images in an album.
Anyone have any hints that can get me headed down the yellow brick road?