You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Apple Pro Training Series Aperture 3 - DVD has stopped Aperture Loading. #1
Richard McCarthy's picture
by Richard McCarthy
February 20, 2011 - 3:02pm

Help! I have just installed the DVD that came with the book and now Aperture 3 will not open. I get a 'problem report' and in the details it says the library has not loaded. I have deleted and re-installed Aperture 3 but still get the same problem. I have deleted the files loaded into documents from the DVD. I am on a Mac Book Pro 13” (Sept 2010), my software is all up to date.

Thankfully, all my photos are in separate files and backed up to a time capsule.

I'm a complete novice to Aperture 3, hence the training book, so would really welcome so help as to how to fix this problem.

Thanks

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
February 21, 2011 - 3:09am

Richard,

The “Apple Pro Training Series” isn’t my product, but I’ll try to help.

Try trashing the preferences for Aperture. Reinstalling Aperture doesn’t do this, so even though you’ve re-installed this would not have been tried yet.

In the Finder, navigate to (where ~ is your home folder) ~/Library/Preferences/ and delete the file com.apple.Aperture.plist, then launch Aperture again.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Richard McCarthy's picture
by Richard McCarthy
February 22, 2011 - 4:01am

Joseph

Thanks for the advice. I followed your instructions but also had to delete some other B version plug ins. I ended up trashing aperture 3, re installing from the Mac App Store and adding the plug ins. Aperture worked and then I re-installed the DVD from the workbook with Aperture still open. That worked too, so I am now a happy bunny and can carry on learning how to use this fabulous software.

As a new user, can I just comment that this is a great website and to obtain such quick and polite responses is invaluable.

With many, many thanks.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
February 22, 2011 - 5:13am

Richard,

Thanks for the kudos, glad you got the issue resolved, and welcome to the site!

cheers
-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?