You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture's not dead yet. RAW update 5.07 drops #1
Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
September 17, 2014 - 6:54am

Anybody notice the Nikon D810 and Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ1000 RAW compatibility was added tonight?

Thomas

Gwil Evans's picture
by Gwil Evans
September 26, 2014 - 2:06am

I noticed but, unfortunately, I still am unable to get Aperture to recognize the NEF files from my D810. Anyone else having difficulty? Suggestions?

Gwil Evans

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
September 26, 2014 - 3:46am

For images imported prior to the RAW update, you must manually reprocess them. I forget the exact menu but it’s something like “reprocess originals”.

Thomas

Gwil Evans's picture
by Gwil Evans
September 27, 2014 - 12:53am

This may be of value to another D810 user: I learned it is crucial to pay attention to the “dagger” footnote on Apple’s web page relating to this camera RAW update. That’s where it points out Aperture will be compatible ONLY with the large (L) NEF files from the D810; it is not compatible with the small (9MB or S) NEF files. I should have read the fine print!

Gwil Evans

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
September 28, 2014 - 1:42pm

Digital Camera RAW is a OS X component, not an Aperture component. It enables all OS X applications to read raw files from cameras supported by it. It is kind of like Adobe releasing a new Adobe Camera Raw without updating Photoshop itself except Apple’s library provides an API for all OS X apps.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness