You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture Updating Library of 1,3 Million? #1
Daniel Cox's picture
by Daniel Cox
June 8, 2012 - 8:41am

I recently Imported, as Projects aprox 50,000 photos to my desktop Aperture Library that contained about 350,000 images. When I tried closing out of Aperture it began to Update Library telling me it had 1,334,272 images to update. That was over twenty four hours ago and it is has only processed 300,000 images in that time. At this pace I'll be waiting for days.

Does anyone know if I can force quite this process without causing damage to the catalog? Does anyone know why so many images would be getting processed when I only have about 400,000 photos maximum in the library? Even if it is processing two images per original that's nowhere near the 1.3 million it's working on. This has happened before but not nearly to this extent. This is hard to believe for a professional application. I can't do anything with my images for the next 4-5 days at this pace. Any thoughts out there? I'm hopping something is wrong and this is not normal. If it is this will be a deal breaker for me and Aperture.

Daniel J. Cox

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
June 8, 2012 - 11:12pm

yes click on the spinning indicator so the activity window comes up. Pause or delete the operation. When opening Aperture hold the shift key to stop processing images.

Ps I have added the Activity icon to the tool bar via Customize Tool Bar. Sometimes convient to have it there all the time.
Cheers

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?