You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
aperture structure #1
rgleland's picture
by rgleland
May 11, 2014 - 5:43am

i am so baffled here, i am using aperture with original raws stored on external hard drive most of the hard drive is constructed as is aperture i.e. projects and folders but some …many images are just free not in the project or folder as they are in aperture …how do i put it all back together

Rolf Schmolling's picture
by Rolf Schmolling
May 11, 2014 - 8:52am

Hi,

well Aperture structures are within Aperture. If you choose to keep the masters at their place when importing (“referenced“), Aperture keeps them at this place. 

Now if you would import them INTO Aperture’s library (managed) give them the structure you want, and THEN re-export them (re-locate masters) you could choose any structure you like (like subfolders, by date whatever) including representing the internal Aperture structure in the file-structure of your (then) referenced masters.

Might be the easiest way to do.

Otherwise it’s up to you – and – Aperture need sot be able to find the referenced masters, so no file-name-changes are allowed.

Hope that helps!

Rolf

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
May 11, 2014 - 1:43pm

The folder structure of referenced images is entirely out of the hands of Aperture. That is completely within your control. You just have to make sure you tell Aperture when you have moved a referenced image (File Menu > Locate Referenced Files).

Chris Biele's picture
by Chris Biele
May 12, 2014 - 5:45pm

You can also move the originals using File > Relocate Originals. Just be sure to choose a Subfolder Format that you're happy with.

The only tricky part will be if you don't have any idea within Aperture which images need to be moved.

This will save you the step of consolidating the originals first.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness