You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture still keeps shutting down.!!! #1
MARDI HARRISON's picture
by MARDI HARRISON
May 27, 2013 - 2:03pm

Hi There,I posted a topic some time ago and I asked the question “Why does my Aperture keep closing down when I start editing or even if I go a bit quick looking at pictures?
I was asked the question what was I running and what Aperture Version was I running(Mac OSX 10.6.8,2.8GHZ int Core i5,Memory 12GB 1333 MHZ DDR3) and Aperture 3.2.4.Well the problem still exists and after a very expensive trip to the Apple Shop to have then try and retrieve all my pictures which seems to go OFFline all of a sudden the problem still exists. They managed to reconnect the pictures with the thumbnails (well most of them)but when I try to edit a photo it shuts down.When the prompt comes up do you want to report the problem to Apple, and it tells you what the problem is .(not to be understood by a mere mortal)I always click report. What for no one seems to email me to find a solution and it happens at least every 10 minutes.I have about 22,000 photos (masters + the same in versions) in the Library,which the Apple guy says is NOT too many.Can any bright spark out there who has encountered this before help me out.I am just about ready to uninstall Aperture and buy another editing software but I do love the ease of the program when it is working correctly.

Flipkal's picture
by Flipkal
May 28, 2013 - 12:50am

I guess the most obvious question is can you upgrade you Mac system to 10.7.5 or 10.8? This would enable you to have the latest version of AP (3.4.4). I’m using it on OSX 10.8 and have not had any problems with crashes.

Phil in Midland

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness