You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture spontaneously regenerating previews #1
gfsymon's picture
by gfsymon
November 24, 2013 - 12:07pm

Is anyone seeing this behaviour?

Specifically; click on Photos at the top of the Library Inspector, to show all the photos in your library, then go into Viewer/Thumbnail Mode (so you just see all your thumbnails in the Aperture Viewer window).  Open the Activity Window.  Now scroll fast up or down through your photos, but occasionally allowing the scrolling to come to rest for a couple of seconds.

Are you seeing in the Activity Window, that previews are being generated?

I am seeing this with RAW files from my D800e.  I’d be interested to know if anyone else here who has this camera is seeing the same behaviour. (Or of course, if anyone sees it with any other camera).  I’m uncertain if it started with the 3.5.1 update, or another update that I recently installed at the same time.

Grant

Tom McKay's picture
by Tom McKay
November 24, 2013 - 8:28pm

Just tried this. No activity whatsoever in monitor. Double checked your instructions(followed to the letter). Library I tried it with has 10,728 RAW images & the thumbnails show instantly but scrolling shows nothing in activity monitor.

That Library actually has a mixture of camera shots from D7000 & P7000 along with a few from ‘other’ cameras. All RAW of one kind or another.

You never have enough gear!

gfsymon's picture
by gfsymon
November 25, 2013 - 7:58pm

Thanks Tom.

No one else using a Nikon D800 or D800e ?

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
November 25, 2013 - 10:29pm

I shoot with a D800. Haven’t see that happen unless I told Aperture to delete all previews. Have you let it run to completion to see if it finishes and then doesn’t do it again the next time you start Aperture?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness