You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture Plug-in Removal #1
PhotoSpydie's picture
by PhotoSpydie
June 7, 2014 - 10:24pm

I have managed to have older and newer versions of some plug-ins.  How do I remove specific plug-ins and will doing so make the newer ones inoperable (do they share some application codes)?

Thanks in advance for help.

PhotoSpydie

Don Truett's picture
by Don Truett
June 9, 2014 - 2:39am

Depends on the plug-in and where it lives. If they’re Nik, to take one example, they now reside in /Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins. The newer plug-ins are in the same folder in a subfolder named “Google.” Thus, you can delete any Nik plug-ins outside the Google folder safely and the new ones will still be visible in Aperture.

BonnieB's picture
by BonnieB
June 14, 2014 - 8:19pm

Well! I did not think that would take over an hour, but it did. Both Nik/Google and Perfect/onOne had left behind old plugins, which still showed up in Aperture with a right-click “Edit with Plugin” …

I had to delete files from at least two different places, in my own user account and the main computer. Directories:

• HD/Users/BonnieB/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins
  • HD/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins

In case you are scratching your head figuring out how to search for those files, try adding this search attribute to Finder Search: “System Files.”

PhotoSpydie's picture
by PhotoSpydie
June 14, 2014 - 9:07pm

Thanks folks.  When I look in Library and Application Support I don’t see any of the NIK plug-ins.  Don’t see them in Google either!  Very mysterious. 

PhotoSpydie

BonnieB's picture
by BonnieB
June 15, 2014 - 7:04am

Hi, it was quite annoying to make removing old program stuff so difficult!

1. Make sure to look in both your own /Users library, and also the main computer library.

2. To run a Finder Search, add the search attribute “System files” and then use it as a criteria in the search query: 1. System files are included; 2. Filename contains plugin.

Some of those pesky files had .plugin as file extension, some ended in .ApertureEdit.

Screenshot:

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness