You are here

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture PhotoBook Print to pdf.... #1
Sarah Mawdsley's picture
by Sarah Mawdsley
August 31, 2011 - 5:23am

Hi there

I am feeling extremely stupid and right now irritated. I have made many books within Aperture and then printed them to pdf, uploaded to Issuu.com no problem. But now I have one I need to finish before tomorrow and when I print it to pdf, it's adding a white border around each page of the book no matter what format I save it as. I cannot fathom why this is happening. As I said, it's never happened before and I still have one of the older books in my library which is working fine.

Anybody got any good ideas what I have done to cause this to happen? I'm sure it's user error :)

Thanks in advance

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
August 31, 2011 - 5:39am

when you click on file> print book, a small preview window appears does your book look ok there?

Graham Parker's picture
by Graham Parker
August 31, 2011 - 5:40am

Is it possibly because your theme is set to “Art Collection”

Sarah Mawdsley's picture
by Sarah Mawdsley
August 31, 2011 - 5:52am

No theme is not art collection, it’s modern lines.

I definitely don’t see a small preview window (i’m on snow leopard) and have never seen one with any of my books to be honest. (Actually I say that, but I don’t recall seeing that, I’ll try it again to double check).

I’ve exported it as a new library and opened it on my laptop, not sure why it would make a difference, but you never know sometimes.

Thanks for the help.

Sarah Mawdsley's picture
by Sarah Mawdsley
August 31, 2011 - 5:56am

OK, well I learned something today. The reason why i’ve never seen the preview is I didn’t have the little arrow expanded! Now I can see it it makes a lot of difference :) So thanks for that. And no, it looks wrong in the preview too. Which makes me wonder what on earth I have done! Grrrr.

Graham Parker's picture
by Graham Parker
August 31, 2011 - 6:17am

Just had a bother thought.
Take a look at screen shot its easier than me typing. LOL

http://www.screencast.com/users/Gphoto/folders/Default/media/865c7dfa-a7…

Chris Hoch's picture
by Chris Hoch
August 31, 2011 - 6:40am

you can see the border on preview, which means it is being added before it is being exported as pdf.

Can you create another book, with a different theme and see if it happens on that as well?

Graham Parker's picture
by Graham Parker
August 31, 2011 - 6:49am

This looks neater
Only just worked out how to do HTML
Check out the screenshot is the no background ticked??

screenshot

Sarah Mawdsley's picture
by Sarah Mawdsley
August 31, 2011 - 12:28pm

Actually Graham, if I use no background then I get pictures on white pages, which I do not want, so the background is black and should be, as it is for all the other books I’ve done.
However Chris, when I start a new book all is fine, so I think I’ll just have to do it over. At least it’s just this specific book and not something Aperture has done. Told ya it was user error. Fortunately it’s only 30 pages and not 300.

Thanks for the help though

Sarah Mawdsley's picture
by Sarah Mawdsley
August 31, 2011 - 12:52pm

Just to update, I think I have figured what I did.

When I created the book, I forgot to change the size from Extra Large to Large, so before I went back and changed it to Large after a couple of minutes of editing (I forgot about that until I started to create a new book and then realised that’s what must have happened. If I change it back to extra large, the border disappears (but of course I lose the layout too). Problem solved though. Stupid user error as I thought.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?