You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture, Photo Stream, and IOS8 #1
Terri's picture
by Terri
September 23, 2014 - 4:22pm

I know I’m not supposed to enable iCloud Drive until Mavericks comes out, so I’m good on that. But I was wondering about Photo Stream. I read somewhere that Photo Stream as we know it will cease to exist under IOS8.

I’m using Aperture primarily to organize my iPhone photos into albums for use on my blog. From there I upload them to Flickr and download the size images I want to use. This is working great for me because I have a Project for every month of my Photo Stream.

I would have updated to IOS8 the day it came out, but I’m not sure how I am going to handle getting my iPhone photos into Aperture if Photo Stream goes away.

What method would any of you recommend as the easiest way to get my photos into Aperture from my iPhone if I can’t use Photo Stream anymore. BTW, I don’t like the idea of actually connecting my iPhone to the computer. I want to handle this without wires.

Thanks in advance.

Terri

wytwolf's picture
by wytwolf
September 25, 2014 - 3:30am

My photo stream is working fine with ios8.  All photos have been syncing fine into Aperture.

Terri's picture
by Terri
September 26, 2014 - 9:50pm

Thanks. This is good to know.

Terri

Thomas Emmerich's picture
by Thomas Emmerich
September 26, 2014 - 3:54am

You can install iOS 8. Just don’t enable iCloud drive during the initial setup. Your phone will continue to upload to my photo stream as before. However you won’t find an album called that on the phone.
Once Yosemite and the resulting Aperture update arrive, you can probably switch iCloud drive on but we’ll need to wait and see how it will ultimately work.

Thomas

Terri's picture
by Terri
September 26, 2014 - 9:51pm

Thank you for the detailed information. I will upgrade to iOS 8, but I have to wait until I can remove some things from my iPhone. I only have 4 GB available and I want to create a bit more space before the upgrade.

Terri

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?