You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture Not Showing All Changes Made in Photoshop CS5 #1
Dudley Warner's picture
by Dudley Warner
March 19, 2012 - 6:57pm

I have started to see changes made in CS5 using Content Aware Fill not show up back in Aperture. The thumbnail of the image shows the change, and the Full Screen view shows the change, but not he regular image. Aperture also shows the change if I have 2 images selected at the same time. So far, the only way I can correct this is to close Aperture and re-open it.

I would appreciate any help in getting this fixed.

Thanks -

Dudley Warner

Dudley Warner
WARNER Photography

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
March 19, 2012 - 11:13pm

Dudley,

I know exactly what you’re talking about, and the only other “solution” I’ve found is to resize the Aperture window slightly. It appears that something is caught in a display cache at a specific size that Aperture doesn’t want to let go of until you restart it. As you noticed, if you go full screen or select multiple images, the problem goes away — both actions display the image at a different size, so this explains why.

I’ve even tried rebuilding previews and thumbnails for the image, all to no avail.

Anyway, you’re not just seeing things and you’re not alone. Hopefully this will be addressed in a future update.

That said, if anyone has figured out the trigger to this (because it certainly doesn’t always happen) please do let us know.

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

Dudley Warner's picture
by Dudley Warner
March 20, 2012 - 12:01am

Joseph -

I don’t want to say that I’m glad you have experienced the same problem, but I am glad to know that my installation of Aperture is not corrupted and that this is a known problem.

I hope that Apple takes care of this quickly or that someone has found a workaround.

Thanks -

Dudley

Dudley Warner
WARNER Photography

Dudley Warner's picture
by Dudley Warner
November 23, 2012 - 1:25am

Joseph -

I am having the same problem with Aperture that I posted about in March. It is not displaying changes made with Content Aware Scale in CS6. I have tried the workaround that worked last time, but it no longer works.

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks -

Dudley Warner

Dudley Warner
WARNER Photography

Dudley Warner's picture
by Dudley Warner
November 23, 2012 - 5:48am

Joseph -

I figured out what the problem is. In the process of using Content Aware Scale in CS6, I saved a selection as an Alpha Channel. Although this was not visible in CS6, apparently it was visible in Aperture. Once I went back to CS6 and deleted it, it now displays correctly in Aperture.

Dudley

Dudley Warner
WARNER Photography

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?