You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture Librery shrink #1
Adrian Freisinger's picture
by Adrian Freisinger
August 8, 2013 - 11:03am

I restored via Time Machine and the Aperture Library to shrink from 100GB to 25 Gb. I had my library has managed but now I get yellow triangle on bottom right corner.

Any ideas ?

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
August 12, 2013 - 4:00am

Sounds like you are Referenced now. You will need to go to File and Relocate Masters/Originals. good luck
dbm

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
August 12, 2013 - 4:06am

Yellow triangle means Missing. I have a smart album that shows all missing files and then I do the Locate Referenced/ missing Files. Sorry the previous post said Relocate but you have to Locate first to be able to Relocate. cheers dbm

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

Walter Rowe's picture
by Walter Rowe
August 12, 2013 - 8:35pm

In general, if you need to restore an Aperture library from Time Machine, I recommend renaming the current version of the library before doing the restore so that the restored copy doesn’t overwrite the current version.

Time machine is constantly working so you can never know the exact state of the library when time machine backed it up. The only reliable backup of your library is when you know that library isn’t open. For that reason you need to be careful when selecting the time stamp of the version you are restoring. It must be from a time when that Aperture library was not open.

Another reason I prefer to preserve my current version of a library before a restore is so I don’t lose any newer work. You can always export from the restored library into a separate library what you want to recover, then import that into the current version of the library.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?