You are here

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture & iPhoto libraries #1
Tony Staples's picture
by Tony Staples
May 10, 2014 - 5:31pm

When I import photos I always choose “store in Aperture Library”. I know that Aperture & iPhoto use the same library however when I look at my pictures folder using finder I have 2 libraries (Aperture & iPhoto). All the pictures are in the iPhoto library and the Aperture library is empty. Should I have merged the libraries when I installed 3.5? I’ve seen an article on how to merge iPhoto libraries. Does this apply to merging Aperture/iPhoto libraries?

Chris Biele's picture
by Chris Biele
May 12, 2014 - 5:02pm

“store in Aperture Library” is a general term to say that you're keeping managed images in the main database. I may seem that you started with iPhoto and then moved to Aperture, as such the library has maintained the name iPhoto Library. I don't think you'll have any issues moving forward, but if you prefer to have everything properly named and managed in Aperture you can always follow these directions: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5296

Tony Staples's picture
by Tony Staples
May 12, 2014 - 5:37pm

Thanks Chris. In fact I managed to find this article before your reply and have “imported” my iPhoto library into Aperture. I guess I didn’t need to do this really as I could have pointed Aperture at the iPhoto (named) library. Anyway thanks for your response.

Chris Biele's picture
by Chris Biele
May 12, 2014 - 5:54pm

Glad it worked out!

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness