You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture to iPad movie #1
robert lawson's picture
by robert lawson
October 6, 2010 - 2:33pm

I exported a slideshow to movie for iPad and am disappointed in the size of the images. 65-75% of my shots are in portrait mode. When converted to video and viewed in landscape, the picture only occupied 65% of the height of the screen. When you rotate the screen to portrait view the image shrinks even further. I guess the only good option is to export as jpegs and create a slide show in the iPad.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
October 9, 2010 - 1:24am

Robert,

I haven’t tried it myself, but certainly when you create a movie, it’ll have to be viewed at the horizontal orientation. It won’t fill the screen if you rotate it, at least not without manually zooming in, and scaling your photos (ugh).

I’m guessing that the problem is that your slideshow’s aspect ratio didn’t match the iPad’s aspect ratio. When you create a slideshow in Aperture, you have four choices for aspect ratio: Main Display (which is likely 16:10 or 16:9, depending on your Mac model)… HDTV 16:9, Standard TV 4:3, and iPhone 3:2. The iPad is 1024x768, which is a 4:3 ratio. So choose “Standard TV”, and when you output the movie, your images should fill the screen vertically.

Let us know if that’s what the problem was!
-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?