You are here

1 post / 0 new
Aperture importing non photo files from iOS8? #1
mrkgoo's picture
by mrkgoo
September 28, 2014 - 12:49pm

I recently restored my iPhone 5 on iOS 8.0.2 and afterwards imported some recent shots (not sure if taken under iOS 8 or earlier, but some were definitely iOS8).

During the import, Aperture noted that there were some non-photo items and was asking if I wanted to download them or not. I assumed it was some supplementary files for a TimeLapse or something I took, so selected “yes” and directed them to a folder on my Desktop.

But then it downloaded 100 or so files each labelled IMG_xxxx.AAE (xxxx =  number of an associated image that I took on the iPhone under iOS7 or 6).

I figure these are associated edit files or something, associated with the way iOS8 makes edits on images? Anyway, did I delete these files from the iPhone or just copy them? IF I removed them, does it harm my existing images on my iPhone?

I tried making a NEW image under iOS8 and adding a filter and reimporting into APrture, but it never asked me about downloading these files again. I’m worried I deleted these files from my iPhone library and that they are important.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?