You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture Effects Plugins - share your tips please #1
Jan Vojtek's picture
by Jan Vojtek
August 14, 2012 - 8:33pm

Hi Joseph and all others on this great forum;

My wife and I shot photos of newborns every now and then as a hobby and we particularly like certain look to them. Yesterday I came across a photographer who pointed me toward Photoshop presets (http://www.ittybittyactions.com/) which have exactly that quality however, I do not own PS (I switched to Pixelmator recently to avoid pirated software) and therefore I am interested to hear if anyone has a good tip for similar style of effects for Aperture.

To clarify, Aperture is my primary photo management and processing app for the past 5 years and I prefer doing everything directly there. Only roundtripping to Pixelmator here and there for layered stuff. I would naturely want to apply the effect directly in Aperture rather than going to Pixelmator or even Photoshop.

If you are so kind, please have a look at the link above and point me in the right direction for similar toned quality plug ins for Aperture. I do not mind paying for it. I searched myself and found a lot of free stuff with subpar quality.

Milt Anglin's picture
by Milt Anglin
August 14, 2012 - 9:57pm

You might try Presetpond.com. They have a lot of presets for Aperture and Lightroom. After you create an account you can just look through and try what looks good. You can also upload presets you create to the site. The last time I was there it was free but donations requested.

Milt

Marcus 's picture
by Marcus
August 15, 2012 - 5:42am

Always worth looking at Nik plug ins - among the most comprehensive and best designed of the Aperture enhancements.

Viveza and Color Efex Pro would probably be good starting points.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?