You are here

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture crashing - EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV) #1
Nancy's picture
by Nancy
May 18, 2014 - 4:14am

I’ve had recent problems with the Aperture library rebuilding every time I open the program.  I tried to create a new library, and import the original library into the new in the hopes of creating a “clean” library.  The operation to import the old library into the new cannot cannot complete because Aperture crashes; the error code I receive is

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000020

Does anyone know if this is a software issue, a hardware issue, or a corrupt library issue?  I tried the disk repair utility, but it found no issues.  Any ideas on what to do next?

Thanks!

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
May 19, 2014 - 12:20am

If you hold the shift key while opening / starting AP it will not reference the Previews.  This may help to open up AP but…  You might need to use the disk utilities but  Start the mac from another bootable HD or the recovery disk.  I believe you hold down the R key when starting but check on that.  Also give look for Fsck -fy on the FAQ section and P-Ram.  Then you might want to call Apple Care.   Could be a HD going bad but Im guessing.   Sorry, you are not alone in these issues if that helps anything.  dbm

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?