You are here

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture copies master when moving #1
David Edge's picture
by David Edge
May 22, 2011 - 7:39pm

Does anyone else have this problem? Now and then when I drag files from one project (yes, project) to another, it leaves a copy of one of them behind in the old project. Once a file has 'decided' to misbehave it will then always copy when moved.

Any ideas chaps?

d.

d.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
May 23, 2011 - 2:57pm

David,

The only thing I can think that would cause this was if you were dragging from an Album in the Project, not from the Project itself. But you made it clear that you were dragging from the Project.

You can force Aperture to copy (instead of move) by holding down the Option key, at which point you’ll get the arrow with the little green (+) mark on it indicating a copy. When you drag and it makes a copy, are you seeing this on the arrow?

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

David Edge's picture
by David Edge
May 26, 2011 - 5:26am

Hi Joseph
I’m not seeing that green plus. I’ve done a reindex (or whatever the middle recovery option is called) and one of the files has stopped doing it. The others haven’t. I’m less panicky now than when it first happened as I’m more confident that it really is copying - if I remove the copies the master is unscathed.
cheers
d.

d.

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
May 27, 2011 - 1:08am

David,

If the middle repair option fixed part of it, perhaps you should do a full rebuild (the third option). That may fix the rest.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

David Edge's picture
by David Edge
May 28, 2011 - 5:21pm

Joseph

I’m a little nervous about doing full rebuilds as amongst other things it seems to clear all the ignored faces in the database, and as I use faces that’s a pain. I’ll leave doing that until forced :)

cheers

David

d.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness