You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture to Capture One Best Practice? #1
Bob Rockefeller's picture
by Bob Rockefeller
July 13, 2014 - 5:49pm

Are folks round-tripping images from Aperture to Capture One Pro? How is the best way to accomplish that? And can C1 get a re-editing image with C1’s adjustments still editable, or do they get unrecoverable baked in on the way back to Aperture?

Bob
----------
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA
www.bobrockefeller.com

David  Moore's picture
by David Moore
July 14, 2014 - 3:17am

Interesting Idea.  I got CO to shoot tethered to and just started using it.  Clunky compared to AP.  I tried round tripping but Co wants to open a Catalog to import into.  Let me know if you can do it for the processing engine.  I was planing on exporting a file that I need to work on in CO and then reimport it in to AP.   Hoping to keep AP as a DAM tool.  Cheers

ps I only tried a Raw file.

davidbmoore@mac.com
Twitter= @davidbmoore
Scottsdale AZ

nusbaum's picture
by nusbaum
October 27, 2014 - 10:54pm

I’m still using Capture One session rather the Catalog, which makes round trip very easy. I create a tif using an output recipe and click the option to launch photoshop. Since session are file system based, the new tiff just shows up in the output folder for the session. I have not been able to figure out a similar flow when using the catalog. Once option might be to work in session until the project is done and then import into the catalog as an archive. Still not ideal. I’m hoping somebody speaks up here with better ideas.

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness