You are here

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Aperture 3.x - issues with libraries - help please #1
Cathy Hammer's picture
by Cathy Hammer
July 20, 2011 - 1:21am

I am desperately hoping someone can help me…I have an iMac (only a year and a half old) and the drive pretty much just died on me (spent 5 hours at Apple store Tuesday and countless hours on Apple support) Anyway, I bought a MacBook Pro to have something else while we try to figure out a way to access my iMac drive (I didn'thave EVERYTHING backed up (Grrr…I know) Anyway, fortunately I have most of my Aperture libraries on external drives but now I have run into another problem. I downloaded the trial version of Aperture (wile I figure out how to get the code for the previous copy I bought) and I tried to open my libraries. The problem I ran into is that I believe some of my libraries were created with Aperture 3.0 (not this current 3.1.3 which is on my iMac.) In any case, when I finally was able to open a couple of libraries, I can see all my projects and albums and I can see the squares where my images should be - but I can't actually see the image! I see the file names, the ratings, the color code but no actual image! Can anyone help me ???

Florian Cortese's picture
by Florian Cortese
July 20, 2011 - 2:26am

Did you try to restore the library? Look at this previous discussion in this forum. Hope it helps.

http://www.apertureexpert.com/forum-user/post/1389906

Florian

Florian Cortese
www.fotosbyflorian.com

PhotoJoseph's picture
by PhotoJoseph
July 20, 2011 - 1:22pm

Cathy,

Were you working managed or referenced? Managed meaning all the master files are inside of the Library; referenced means all the masters were outside of the library (probably on an external hard drive).

If you don’t know, chances are you were working managed.

Let me know and let’s go from there. I’ll keep an eye out for your reply and try to respond right away; I know you’ve been trying to fix this for a few days now.

-Joseph @ApertureExpert

@PhotoJoseph
— Have you signed up for the mailing list?

You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
Passwords are case-sensitive - Forgot your password?
randomness